Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Monday, March 30, 2009

Sigh

This is an old story, in fact it happened last year in July. It is so humbling, however, that I have to keep it. I am in the process of getting rid of my old email files and it needs to go somewhere so I decided to put it here. Grace at the time was five.

Yesterday was rough........

Andy and Grace have birthdays coming up next week, so this week while I was in town I took them with me so that they could chose their gifts. We went to Wal-Mart and I had a LOT of shopping to do because we were out of everything. Grace was good for the first 45 minutes or so and then she started getting fidgety and hyper. As we were getting ready to leave she was walking backward jabbering at me. Farther down the isle I could see a lady who, well, she was rather large Okay? She was one of those gals that, bless their hearts just have a shelf sticking out behind them for a bottom. So anyway, Grace is walking backward and headed right for a crash with her and I am trying to get a word in edge wise to tell her to watch out.

No need! She turns around about a half a inch before she hits the lady and stops dead in her tracks...face to uh...yeah, you get the picture.

Grace blinks hard twice and turns to me with eyes wide. " Whoa mom, did you see that?!!!? I just about ran into a Biiiig Butt!!!"
Dancing down the isle she leaves me standing there smiling at the now angry owner of the butt and wondering if there is a special crown in heaven for mothers of little girls named Grace?

THEN..........

On a totally unrelated subject ~ A few weeks ago Shane put in electricity in my BARN!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! No more trying to light the lantern while half asleep to make labor checks!!! Only there was one problem...the children kept leaving the lights on out there.

I started chewing about how it costs money and they needed to shut them off when they were done. Of course everyone said "It wasn't me!" and played all innocent. As the problem continued and no one would fess up my sarcasm and anger grew.... I'd chew and they still declared their innocence. So I say.." Oh, well I GUESS I have a duck out there that is afraid of the dark right? Maybe SHE keeps leaving it on. Huh? Or MAYBE the goats are having a party and cannot see!"

........Oh be careful little mouth what you say.......................

Last night Shane called me outside to see the disco lights in my barn, they were on,off,on,off,on,off ......yes, you guessed it.......standing on her back feet with the switch in her mouth was my little Nubian ~Mia! And yes, when she was finished she left them ON............. It was a pretty humble mom apologizing to the children for not believing them about the lights. As they walked off laughing hysterically I wondered ..........is there a special crown in heaven for women who raise goats? Or, maybe a special jacket, like a straight jacket?

Well, here's to a new day..........I think I'll go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment