Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Friday, April 2, 2010

Hello....Darlin'

Ladies, I know I am a married woman but I am afraid my heart has wandered!  


Sing it with me....fourteen quarts at a tiiiiiiiiime and it didn't cost me a diiiiiiiime...... LOL!

Well, now that is not actually true.  it cost me $30.  I was on amazon the other day and saw that they had the All American 14 qt. listed for $230.  I have been canning for the past decade with two 7qt cookers at once and I just thought "Hmmm, I wonder if I could get enough out of my two to pay for one?"

So I posted them on Craigs list just to see.  One was at $150 and the other at $50.  My $150 sold right off the bat ~but the other had me sweating and didn't sell the first week.  I kept thinking "Oh Lord, I sold my best one and now I am going to be stuck running small batches all fall on my Presto."  BUT the second week a gal came and snatched it up too.  I took my  $200 and mooched another $30 from my man and well, as they say  "lived happily ever after" .LOL!

I was tempted while on there to get the 19qt.  After all I have one smaller cooker down cellar that I could have sold too. :) But decided that the sheer weight of  cooker, water and 19 full qts of food would just pulverize my little old stove. The poor thing is abused enough, after all I own it.

So anyway, if you pass my house tonight and hear someone inside singing praises in her kitchen....you'll know it's me again the spoiled daughter of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment