Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Thursday, March 26, 2009

Holy Hands

But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands.
In the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name and
sanctify the Holy one of Jacob and shall fear the God of Israel.
Isaiah 29:23
The Lord has a lot to say about hands. He talks of lazy hands, wicked hands, innocent hands, feeble hands, clean hands, workings hands, little hands, warring hands, talented, compassionate, angry, clapping, praising, violent hands....and I could go on for a long time about what God has to say about our hands.
Our hands are our blessing and our curse. I think of Tammy, she will never know the blessing of using her hands, she will never feel the soft touch of baby skin as she changes a diaper, nor hold a spoon and lovingly prepare a meal for her family. Yet neither will her hands or her feet for that matter ever be allowed to lead her into sin. The Lord has protected her hands.
In the above verse the Lord takes something out of my hands
~ His children~ How often I forget that they are a work of His hands~ not mine. I can control their environment to the best of my ability and am commanded to teach them from the scripture BUT they are His work. There is much comfort in that. How much better for a perfect, all knowing and ever loving father to form and shape them than for me a disgraced, wicked sinner to even try?
So, Lord, let me see the works of Thy hands and I will sanctify your name with fear and with praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment