Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Monday, September 13, 2010

Critter Getters

I know....getter is not a word.   Actually, I just looked it up and it is.  Getter ~ one who gets.  Who knew?
Anyhow, it is that time of year.....the time of year when the Neanderthal instinct surfaces in my men.
The time of year as my girls and I gather around the warmth of the stove to preserve this years harvest, the men folk head for the woods to fill our larder with meat.  This weekend they brought home the wild bacon.  Unfortunately I am not talented enough to cook him in  anyway that makes him palatable.   I can't remember if it was last year or the year before but after one such failed meal ~ Shane declared bears officially "dog food".   I must admit I was relieved (one can only take so much rejection).... and with two very large guardian dogs and now Codys' hound,
dog food  is always in high demand. 

So welcome Autumn, I look forward to your slower pace... Hunt on boys, the girls and I will keep the home fires burning.

BTW~  Congratulations Zac! That was an awesome shot.  Mom's proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment