Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Thursday, January 4, 2018

Extra Credit

The Food 4 Less in Springfield had bananas for $.25 a pound.  So last Friday when Shane had a few errands to run in town I hopped in the truck and went with him.  Yes, people stare when you are pushing a cart full of bananas through the store but you get use to it.

my knife was long enough that I could spoon four bananas together and slice them all at once.





They do not require any added sugar just lay the slices out and let them go.





I have an electric dryer that I use in the summer because Missouri is too humid most days for a solar one but in the winter I hang my solar dryer by the fireplace and make our heat pull double duty. This year the price of bananas was so good I'm running both dehydrators.



If you don't have a dehydrator, the easiest way to get one is to start an envelope for one.  Put all loose change and spare cash into it until you have enough to purchase it.  I buy most of my homemaking eguipment this way. A solar one like mine is under $14 and won't take long to get, electric ones take a little more.  Amazon offers several nice solar ones but you'll find my favorite one for indoors  here  These solar dryers are also excellent for drying homemade soap  (that project is coming up soon).




That's it!  Easy and effective and now I have dried bananas to add to my muesli.... at least until the crew finds their hiding spot.


What is on sale this week that you could stock up on?

No comments:

Post a Comment