Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Fifty-Two





When Shane and I got married I had no idea how to be a wife or a mother... I was a latchkey kid from a broken home who was later taken into foster care..... firm foundation would not describe any part of my life.  I was determined, however, to give it my best and care for my own. Twenty-seven years later I have learned a thing or two.... mostly of what not to do.  I look at my daughter and they are years ahead of where I was at their age but I know that there are a lot more gals like I was....

I wanted to be a Proverbs woman, a crown, a glory to my husband, a blessing to my children but  mostly a woman who could rely on her God to give her wisdom.  There were no older women so I learned by falling on my face.... a lot...

I want to offer something different.   I am certainly not confessing that I fill the role as an older woman teaching the younger but here is my goal for 2018.

Fifty-two weeks.

Fifty-two skills.


one a week.

precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.


blessing our children, loving our man and providing for our own as God's word instructs us.

I'm scared to death to make such a commitment, providing for your own takes a lot of time and leaves little time for writing about it.... my blogging has already been spotty at best but I am stepping forward in faith.


join me, won't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment