Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Saturday, March 13, 2010

New.

I got a new washing machine today.... oh joy. Two days ago my old one started flooding my laundry room every time I used it.  It was old. It was tired. It was...boy do I know the feeling.  At any rate it kicked it and the repair guy said it would cost more than it was worth to fix it.

I was sitting on the floor cleaning up that never ending mess that I find every time we move an appliance. When Shane walks into the room and asks if I am excited about my new washer.  I raise my eyebrows..excited?

Hmmm...Nope

Washing machines are not cool.  They are mearly a servant helping me do one of my many tasks as I run this home.... not a status symbol in my eyes at all. No, I am not excited.  I would have been more excited if I had been allowed to keep the four hundered dollars in my savings account. 

What I am however, is thankful.  Thankful because once again the Lord provided the money at just the right time for me to have to blow it.  I may not be allowed to save money, that is becoming increasingly obvious but neither am I allowed to run into debt.  And for that I am extremely grateful.

AND because we will now have clean clothes and not be forced to run around naked ~ YOU can be extremely grateful too :)

2 comments:

  1. must be the year of the new washer, I had to get one about a month ago, unfortunately I didnt have the savings but was able to do 12 months same as cash and it is the first thing coming out of my tax refund...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is how we got ours too... I had it left over from the tax return and I thought "I am stashing this away for a rainy day"...not only did we get the rain, we also got the flood..My stash lasted 2wks to the day. Oh well, there is always next year.

    ReplyDelete