Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Building for the Future

Every wise woman buildeth her house:
but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
Proverbs 14:1


It is strange here that God would say a wise woman builds~ that's a man's job (Genesis). My husband is a great builder. He builds beautiful cabinets and wonderful buildings. It's amazing to me that I can simply bring him a picture of what I want and he can build it.

But me? Oh no, I can't build at all................ in fact, the boys have been trained by their dad from the time they were little~ that if they see momma with a tool in her hand they are to take it away! It was easier when they were little, I could over power them. LOL.

Now days they say respectfully but with manly authority "Mom, hand over the drill and nobody gets hurt." and if that doesn't work they negotiate.. "Come on mom, I'll do it for you." Until like a cornered convict I hand over what ever tool I happened to want to use and point to what I want done.

Thankfully, however, there are many ways for a woman to build her house both physically and spiritually. And it doesn't require a hammer....well, it could ~but it doesn't have to.
We can build spiritually, and it will have temporal and eternal blessings.
If I sit around stewing all day about faults I see in my husband or my children~I am not building but plucking. I must pray, pray for the fault and for me... after all they are probably mirroring my behavior.

Prayer builds.


If I mope because of things I do not have instead of caring for and being thankful for the things I DO have ~ again I am plucking. A woman of God, although told to be meek, quiet and submissive to her man is not a frump or a door mat. She must have a business mind for the economy of her home. When there are precious few pennies~ every cent must stretch and do everything it can for the comfort of those in her care. If it won't stretch it is her job to create more~ Not by abandoning her post and joining the world but by working along side her children and under the authority of her husband.

Unity builds.


The Home~ an economically viable, independent community where everyone works for the common good and the advancement of the cause of Christ.


Working together builds.


"Buildeth" Every bible verse understood and committed to memory~committed to use~ is a brick in the wall being fortified to resist Satan. The Bible is God's love letter to us. Every time my children see me love their daddy or answer them sweetly I set the mortar.

Love builds.

But what about those days... those days when my back hurts, the math lesson impossible or we were stuck in the car all day long? Some times I am just not pretty~ in fact it is easy to stand on Satan's side and fire cannons at my own walls. In the Army it is called "friendly fire" but I see nothing friendly about it and it does more damage than the enemy ever could. Oh, Lord help me to build not only this home but with an eye on the future~ their homes as well. Please teach me to shut my mouth~ to pray~ to smile when it is hard. There is generation after generation depending on it. Children are wonderful at playing follow the leader.

A soft answer turneth away wrath............

Let your speech be always with grace.................

No comments:

Post a Comment