Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Putting Up and Catching Up

There was a time, a few years back that I was so busy around here, I swore Shane was going to have to take a second wife........ I would often voice this opinion to him and always received the same answer..
"NO WAY!! I can't even handle the one I got!"
My boys have always been a great help but there are certain things that are just women's work and they had their own men's work to do.........
Now days I praise God for daughters. At nine and seven they are amazing help. They are so skilled and competent, much more so than I was at their age or even at the time I married their daddy for that matter. It is such a blessing to be able to say ~this needs done and know that they will do it and do it well. Here, Bethany is putting up fresh chili peppers for winter. I looked at the price of canned chili's at the store~ the price times how many cans we would go through in a year, Bethany saved us over forty dollars in an hours worth of work. But, she saved me more than that ~she freed up that hour for me ~so that I could tackle other things too.
Indeed, her price is far above rubies.

Thanks girls, you'll never know how much your momma appreciates you.

No comments:

Post a Comment