Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Make Hay While The Sun Shines

I was starting to think our hay was not coming. We usually have our hay bought and stacked by the time fair rolls around. I guess with spring being so cold and wet, first crop was late and so it stands to reason that second crop would be too. But this was really late.
The farmer I buy hay from teases me quite often because I am picky about what I feed my animals. I won't buy first crop. False Tansy grows in the spring, once it has been cut it stays down for the rest of the year so it doesn't show up in the second cutting. False Tansy ruins the reproductive ability of a goat. It leaches all the iodine out of their system and ruins them. It's a yearly conversation between Gary and I....it always ends with him saying " Like I said ..what's wrong with that?" He's a cowboy .... he's above goats.

Gary's hay hauler it too big to get into where I want the hay stacked so we have him deliver it in the field and then stack it by hand... all eleven tons. This year we used a hay lift when the stack got high. It is a TRUE piece of farm equipment. We spent more time putting it back together than we did running it.


Almost done.....
The energy level always picks up when your on your last ton.
I am filled with a deep sense of gratitude
when the hay is safely stacked. And the food stored in the cellar,
Shane calls it my "warm and fuzzy"
To see the Lord provide once again is a very blessed feeling.

Will you people go to bed now?
Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
Deut 28 :5




No comments:

Post a Comment