Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

OH NO!!

Drat! It has started...

I had to go to town today and ship some of Cody's hides to Montana....while there I decided to go to to the store to take back a pair of Cody's pants that had unraveled at the seam.....while there...do you see where this is going???  It is all Cody's fault!! While there I walked over to the clearance section, or what use to be the clearance section, now it is the GARDEN!!!!section.

As I walked down the isles huffing fertilizer, sniffing the scent of new hoses and caressing the lawn mowers my addiction resurfaces... My mind KNOWS that there is four more months before....before ANY of this will be necessary BUT my soul drowns out my mind in a moment of passion as I spy the SEED RACK and I snatch from it a NEW! Burpee red sweet corn!!

At a dollar fifty for a hand full of kernels, I am certain that they are well worth it. First off it is a hybrid....
I don't buy hybrids... Did I check the growing season...are we long enough? Will a hybrid like that taste good?... I have not a clue, nor a care. The package is pretty and the seeds NEED DIRT!!!  Dashing to the check out counter I make my purchase and my addiction is abated for a single solitary moment. Clutching my trophy I let loose a huge sigh....

Shopping has now become a dangerous thing.....I am certain Shane will be confiscating my debit card.  Have no fear there is a five dollar bill stashed in the bottom of my purse, that is enough for 3 more packages........
if I'm careful.
Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price 

2 comments:

  1. poor Shelley I wont tell you that we had snow Friday and Sunday (WE did!!) and today the sun was out and it was nearly 50 degrees this afternoon...LOVERLY weather...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch it girl...I'm going to start chucking snowballs yer way. LOL! 50???? You could grow cabbage and peas and all sorts of things at 50* does the unfairness ever end???? whine, whine, whine.

    ReplyDelete