Be true to who you are…..

And the family name you bear……


Monday, February 8, 2010

Today.....

Stunk.

Woke up this morning to-4.....sigh, it was bitter, bitter cold and I didn't cover my baby rabbits. Grumble, Grumble.....stupid woman. I figured I had lost both batches that were already born and who knows how many kindled during the night.

To my surprise babies were wiggly warm under the soft comforter of their mother's fur. Sigh of relief. But then it was chore time and Cody came knocking on the back door. Thinking he was just letting Otter in for breakfast I went to the back door. Two...count them... two dead baby goats. From two different momma's. They had been squished in the corner of the barn. I am guessing that as the night temps dropped the goats crowded closer and closer to keep warm and the two little dears were caught in the mob. So I woke up $150 poorer today. Both were doelings.

Shane called at lunch and our one sided conversation went something along these lines....

Hi baby, I lost 2 @&%$ kids this morning. I am so tired of fighting this #*%$^@(#$^$@ weather in this arm pit of a State. #*$^@()#&@@!! and @#($&#^@*#^# ..........

Seriously if I would have been on T.V. I would have been one continuous bleep.

But this is what I love about my husband, he gives me his sympathy, dusts me off and sends me right back at it.. "Sorry, to hear that Shell, how are you going to prevent it in the future?........... Good, glad to hear you have it figured out. Love ya girl. Bye!"

No matter how much money I cost him. No matter how hard I fall on my face. No matter how my temper shows. He simply dusts me off, gives me a kiss and a pat and sends me off to my next self inflicted disaster.

He believes in me when I want to quit. He loves me unconditionally. He's a great guy. I just wish I didn't give him so many opportunities to prove it....

No comments:

Post a Comment